● Responsible for designing, building and supporting a secure cloud platform and Linux based instances based on industry standards, best practices and guidelines.
● Determine technical standards and specifications and lead the design, build and support of shared services cloud platform components.
● Provide professional support services and/or the integration of their respective products.
● Implement the products based on best practices.
● Review the current architectural landscape and make appropriate recommendations.
● Compare various solutions and determine the one which best fits the need.
● Design, develop and maintain Linux based instances and backend applications.
● Deploy and maintain web application technologies and middleware solutions on Linux platform.
● Researches new technologies and products for their applicability to business processes.
● Provides tier 1 and tier 2 support for the platform.
● Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
● At least seven (7) years of experience in system administration and development experience.
● At least four (4) years of experience working with design and implementation of systems and applications at Amazon Web Services (AWS).
● Experience with setting up administrator and service accounts, and deep understanding of monitoring AWS instances and services.
● Experience with creating system documentation, interacts with users, evaluating vendor products.
● Experience with AWS platform capabilities and best practices architectures, and engineering solutions within multiple Cloud accounts and services.
● Experience working in AWS via the Command Line Interface (CLI) and management console.
● Knowledge and experience in architecting and configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs).
● Experience with software evaluation principles and practices.
● Experience with developing and implementing vulnerability remediation strategies. Experience with configuration and execution of vulnerability and web application scans.
● Experience with automating server configuration for security including logging, key changes, and system hardening.
● Experience writing process requirements, technical design documents, and standard operating procedures.
● Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams with diverse backgrounds.
● Three (3) years of experience with Ansible, Ansible Tower experience is preferred.
● Three (3) years of experience working with RHEL AMI is preferred.
● At least three (3) years of experience implementing Linux/Unix Security and privileges access.
● At least one (1) year of experience in terraform or similar infrastructure automation is preferred.
● Proven technical knowledge of network, internet systems, databases and operating systems including Linux, Microsoft in AWS.
● Working knowledge of programming languages, including Perl, Python, and shell scripting.
● Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems and related products.
● Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general system management best practices.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org