Candidates must demonstrate long term experience with the use of IBM Cognos, SQL, Databases, Data Warehousing, Metadata Modeling, network security, and web programming languages and techniques in financial reporting and analytics.
Candidates with 5+ years of complex SQL development, Cognos 10+ experience, and MS Excel experience preferred.
Candidate to perform financial quantitative analytics, quantitative analysis, data analytics, report development and maintenance, process analysis, forecasting and resource planning, and other related work as needed
Candidate will perform business intelligence and business analyst work
Candidate must possess a strong understanding of financial principles to include funding management principles and practices, and tracking methodologies.
- Applies understanding of financial principles, to include funding management principles and practices, and tracking methodologies to creates, maintains, develops and modifies reports, dashboards, and SQL queries for as required in support of the Client needs
- Assists with the implementation, training and development of Business Intelligence Tools to support the establishment of or any changes to IBM Cognos and other reporting environments
- Designs, develops, and implements processes and reporting to support
- Analyzes and resolves new program and process issues as they occur in day to day processing.
- Prepares a wide variety of design, programming, and documentation tasks necessary for the development, implementation, and sustainment of reporting, dashboard, or analytical tool creation, and modification
- Leverages development skillset to prepare, structure, and integrate data throughout the analytics lifecycle
- Defines and implements complex SQL and extract, transform, load (ETL) workflows to acquire, filter, and enrich data as required for the project at-hand
- Partners with peer team members in the creation of analytical models using IBM Cognos
- Assists with the development/training of less tenured or experienced personnel
- Develops a strong relationship with business customers and deliver analytical findings in a manner that makes them easily understood by business leaders and internal customers
- Performs data research and analysis in cooperation with Client’s Financial operations section to determine and/or identify metrics for various operations.
- Collaborates with the Business and IT to implement solutions and conduct user acceptance testing
- Performs basic database administration tasks, performance optimization, index optimization, and writes advanced select queries
- Plans and coordinates the development of data structures, identifies specific data elements to be used in the system, designs, develops or modifies relational databases
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org