The Technical Writer will work with various internal teams including Project Directors/Project Managers, Technical Directors/Developers, Business and Technology Stakeholders/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other Agency staff to gather and generate artifacts needed to support the enterprise workload. We are looking for candidates who are highly organized, can work independently in a fast-paced environment and produce multiple quality deliverables with varying deadlines. Candidates should be self-starters and creative problem solvers and have the flexibility to learn new products and technologies quickly.
1. Work with technical staff and business stakeholders to create deliverables and artifacts that are intended for audiences of varying levels of technical knowledge
2. Organize and write supporting technical and project documents
3. Revise documents as changes or modifications to information systems and services occur
4. Organize and maintain a document repository of all documents and artifacts
Current experience with maturing IT programs by creating documentation and artifacts is strongly desired and will be given the highest weight. Experience must include well documented success in the creation of artifacts that support a secure, compliant technical environment.
Experience with documentation and artifacts related to general computer, networking and/or infrastructure knowledge would be considered desirable for this position.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist (and often lead) in the design, development, implementation and/or ongoing maturation of the project documents, processes, and/ or artifacts
2. Utilize Microsoft Office software suite, Bizagi, Atlassian products and other products as needed to
document ITS processes and procedures
3. Collaborate with agency leadership, business partners and other parties/stakeholders to provide recommendations on business and technical documentation
Required Skills (rank in order of Importance):
• 5+ years of experience in the authoring and management of technical documents and artifacts
• 5+ years experience in working with MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint, Project
Web App, and Atlassian products (Confluence and JIRA)
Preferred Skills (rank in order of Importance):
• Prior Health Information Technology and/or Program experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Technical, Business, or Healthcare field
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org