1st interview will be phone and 2nd interview will be in person or video.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
This position will specialize in interpreting data and information and creating innovative ways to present and visualize data focused on GIS health research. DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
. The GIS Manager will have primary responsibility to:
• Direct day-to-day GIS work providing timely feedback to facilitate continual workflow within established timelines.
• Analyze all aspects of Medicaid data and the relationship with social determinants of health.
• Leverage that knowledge and expertise for research products and deliverables as well as web development efforts.
• Deliver mapping solutions by defining the user requirements, overseeing the workflow and collaborating with various business and project teams.
• Develop innovative cartography and infographics.
• Develop strong relationships with the IFS team to understand the content and facilitate the use of research and GIS.
• Expand the overall research/GIS platform including processes, products, and ability to positively impact our work. REQUIRED SKILLS :
• High-level analytical and problem-solving skills and strategic-thinking capacity.
• Ability to understand data and the other underlying trends and use that information to help craft narratives.
• 3+ years of team management experience.
• 5+ years of health GIS experience; understanding of health and place concepts.
• Expertise with GIS, data analytics tools, and data visualization applications such as Tableau, Alteryx, ArcGIS, ArcPro, and a programming language, (e.g, python, SQL).
• Demonstrable experience with cartography and telling a story with maps.
• Track record of hiring & developing high-performing teams.
• Demonstrated success leading project delivery for large, cross functional programs.
Verbal and written communication skills are critical. Must be able to organize and present thoughts clearly and concisely. PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Data Management
• SAS REQUIRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS:
MASTER IN GEOGRAPHY, GIS, PUBLIC HEALTH, ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE OR RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
2-3 Professional References required
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org