- Monitor and coordinate all data system operations, including security procedures, and liaison with infrastructure, security, DevOps, Data Platform and Application team.
- Ensure that necessary system backups are performed, and storage and rotation of backups is accomplished.
- Monitor and maintain records of system performance and capacity to arrange vendor services or other actions for reconfiguration and anticipate requirements for system expansion.
- Assist with system monitoring and comply with State data security requirements.
- Coordinate software development, user training, network management and major/minor software installation, upgrade and patch management.
- Must demonstrate a broad understanding of client IT environmental issues and solutions and be a recognized expert within the IT industry.
- Must demonstrate advanced abilities to team and mentor and possess demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 8 years of product administration experience in RHEL Linux based environment.
- At least 6 years of experience in administering cloud based multi- user environment with expertise in planning, designing, building, and implementing IT systems.
- At least 5 years of related experience as a Hadoop administrator with an expert level knowledge of Cloudera Hadoop components such as HDFS, Sentry, HBase, Impala, Hue, Spark, Hive, Kafka, YARN, and ZooKeeper.
- Must have prior Hadoop cluster deployment experience in adding and removing nodes, troubleshooting failed jobs, configure and tune the clusters, monitor critical parts of the cluster.
- Hands-on experience with Cloudera, working with data delivery teams to setup new Hadoop users. This includes setting up Linux users, setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive, Pig and MapReduce access for the new users.
- Experience with implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure.
- Competency in Red Hat Linux administration (security, configuration, tuning, troubleshooting and monitoring).
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Engineering or technical discipline.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com