This project will require the programmer to have experience with MicroFocus Visual Cobol and Windows/Powershell scripts. SQL programming experience and Oracle experience is desired.
The Oracle project will require the programmer to have experience with SQL programming with ability to create SSIS packages.
The Programmer would be part of the existing mainframe migration team and the existing Oracle implementation team that consists of the client’s employees and other Contract employees. This programmer would need to work on site at client location.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with upgrading/migrating mainframe Cobol
- Experience writing Windows/Powershell scripts.
- Experience rewriting mainframe Easytrieve programs into Micro Focus COBOL programs
- Ability to comprehend complex technical and logical concepts and adapt quickly to changes
- Ability to prioritize and manage concurrent projects, demonstrate initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
eSystems (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org