eSystems is looking for a high performing and hands-on Privacy/Compliance Manager who shall be the primary point of contact for all privacy compliance issues, including HIPAA. The Privacy/Compliance Manager shall have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study and a minimum of seven years relevant experience.
- Establish, coordinate, and lead the Privacy Oversight Committee.
- Perform privacy risk assessments and related compliance monitoring initiatives.
- Ensure that the CE maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality consent, authorization forms, and information notices and materials that reflect the CE’s policies and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee, direct, and deliver privacy training and orientation to all employees.
- Establish a procedure to track access to PHI so that it can be reviewed during audits.
- Implement a process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating, and acting on all complaints concerning breaches in privacy policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all employees are acting in total compliance with privacy policies and procedures and deploy sanctions in the event of a breach.
- Work with all personnel involved in the release of PHI to ensure full coordination and cooperation under policies and procedures and federal HIPAA regulation.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state privacy laws and HIPAA regulations to ensure organizational compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field is required
- 7+ years experience relating to privacy and confidentiality of health and privacy information, with large state government agencies
- Certification(s) Preferred: Obtained or demonstrates an active pursuit of one or more of the following certifications: Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT), Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or other related certifications
- Experience conducting privacy and security risk and/or gap assessments and internal privacy audits, reviewing privacy practices, and preparing reports and other deliverables that contain strategy, project, or technical analysis and findings in connection with consulting engagements and communicating those results to the team and client.
- Experience in project management and the ability to clearly communicate data protection and privacy issues verbally on both a formal and informal basis
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal regulations pertaining to HIPAA compliance program rules
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with diverse personalities and skill sets
eSystems (the Company ) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org