- At least 5 years of experience in administering on-prem/cloud based multiuser environment with expertise in planning, designing, building, and implementing complex database systems.
- In depth knowledge of the EDB PostgreSQL DB architecture.
- AWS cloud base Postgres database administration experience.
- Driven end-to-end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning for PostgreSQL, using native and 3rd party tools.
- Implemented automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of EDB PostgreSQL for production, pre-production and non-production environments.
- Administrated PostgreSQL databases throughout the non-production (Sandbox, development, test, UAT, Training), pre-production (Staging) and production lifecycles in an AWS environment.
- Experienced with optimizing database performance through exhaustive pro-active testing and ongoing real-time monitoring.
- Experienced in scripting and database functions.
- Experience in testing database security and enterprise policy guidelines according to established best practices.
- Monitored and maintained the backups for database recoverability for all production databases.
- Must have experience working in the database domain with at least four (4) years of experience managing all operations of RDBMS databases such as Oracle/SQL Server/DB2 with a minimum of two (2) years of EDB PostgreSQL DB.
- Experience with AGILE / DEVOPS a plus.
- Functional experience in Federal and/or State health and human services (HHS) programs is preferred (i.e., Child Welfare (CCWIS), Child Support, Adult Protective Services, Juvenile Services, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Women, Infants & Children (WIC), Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT), Medicaid, Children Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Care Management, EHR, Child Care).
** Inperson Interview required in Linthicum,MD
- Provide technical expertise and support in the use of DBMS.
- Evaluate and recommend available DBMS products to support validated user requirements.
- Define file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures for specific user applications.
- Create and maintain database objects such as tables, views, index, constraints for data platform and custom applications.
- Develop, implement, and maintain database backup and recovery procedures for the processing environments, and ensures that data integrity, security, and recoverability are built into the DBMS applications.
- Drive end-to-end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning for PostgreSQL, using native and 3rd party tools.
- Design and develop logical and physical database designs from application requirements.
- Design and implement automation using scripts and database functions.
- Design and implement replication and backups for mission critical/tier-1 applications.
- Design and implement automation using scripts, must be proficient in scripting.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Engineering or technical discipline.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com