Description of Project:
The Correctional Operations Management System (COMS) is a system of over 70 modules which collect and track data on 16,000+ offenders, which are committed to the Commissioner of Corrections. COMS is critical to the department’s operations, every business unit in the agency uses the system on a daily basis for their own unique and complex business processes. Additionally, data from COMS is shared with other state agencies, law enforcement, counties, federal government and the public. The data shared with these other entities, is protected data that is critical to be protected at all times while intransit to its destination. This proposed work will support the DOC modernization plan addressing technology obsolescence of DOC’s primary operational system.
MNIT @ DOC is seeking an experienced ETL developer with ETL experience to support these efforts in addressing the technology obsolescence of the ETL technology and tools used today to transfer protected data to other entities within the DOC and externally to the DOC. The COMS project plan extends thru 2023, depending on funding.
- Apply advanced Extract Transform & Load (ETL) development experience and technical expertise in supporting the data exchanges of DOC data to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide technical leadership to team members.
- Work independently with minimal guidance while also participating on project teams.
- Prepare and participate in release operational readiness for ETL development deployments to the TEST and PROD environments.
- Prepare and participate in continuous process improvement efforts.
- Provide clear, concise and honest communication.
- Other DOC ETL development, as requested by the Project Manager.
- Knowledge transfer.
- Four (4) years’ experience in ETL Development.
- Four (4) years’ experience in ETL Design.
- Five (5) years’ experience in SSIS.
- Six (6) years’ experience in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Six (6) years’ experience in T-SQL.
- Criminal Justice experience.
- Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience.
- Collaborative development team experience up to at least 4-5 team members, using TFS (Team Foundation Server).
- Experience in modernization efforts of data exchanges (ETL Development).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com