- Devise, plan, deploy, and improve wireless networks from the beginning to implementation by collaborating with vendors, managers, and network engineers.
- Understand client requirements to be able to cater to their appropriate needs.
- Assists with installation, configuration, management and support of all wireless infrastructure in accordance with the Senior Network Engineer’s overall design.
- Use tools to evaluate to test and tweak wireless products, such as routers, switches, hubs, bridges, virtual private networks (VPNs), and network amplifiers, among others.
- Coordinates with ISSM for implementing, monitoring and logging wireless security requirements and is responsible for meeting wireless STIG requirements.
- Documents all wireless network infrastructure changes for record.
- Provides documentation and configuration work in network engineering meetings.
- Optimize network performance by supervising performance, addressing network problems and breakdowns, and partnering with network engineers to optimize the network.
- Assists in small scale planning projects in coordination with other directorates.
- Coordinates with G6 staff for network problem resolution.
- Make sure that all equipment, including servers and the other network products, are well-connected.
- Devise and support radio frequencies (RF) link performance, reliability, and quality.
- Promotes complex issues to technical specialists at CenturyLink/Verizon/ISP or National Guard Bureau as appropriate.
- Collaborate with different teams to ensure the optimized performance of VoIP and other wireless telecommunication devices.
- Work with security team to evaluate threats, troubleshoot issues, and comply with appropriate security configuration standards of their organizations.
- Resolves complex wireless problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various factors to include DNS/DHCP services.
- Design and deploy changes to the configurations of clients as per the applicable change management process.
- Manage NEARNG network requests via tickets submitted by users/supervisors.
eSystems (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org